한경아 님의 글입니다.
||2009-02-13 06:58:55, 조회 : 4,095, 추천 : 471
- SiteLink #1 : www.sce.com/CommunityandRecreation/Education/
| Southern California Edison Seeks Applicants for Edison Scholars Program|
ROSEMEAD, Calif., Feb.10, 2009 — Promising high school seniors who plan to attend
four-year colleges are encouraged to apply for Southern California Edison’s (SCE’s) 2009 Edison Scholars program, which continues a nearly half-century tradition of awarding scholarships to students who show the potential for successful college careers.
“Investing in students and encouraging excellence in their academic endeavors are among the company’s most important philanthropic initiatives,” said Barbara J. Parsky, senior vice president, Corporate Communications, Edison International, SCE’s parent company. “We recognize the power of knowledge and our Edison Scholars program offers deserving students a wonderful opportunity to acquire a valuable college education.”
Applicants for the Edison Scholars program must:
• Be high school seniors who live, or attend a public or private school, in SCE’s
50,000-square-mile service area. (공립, 사립 고등학교 12학년에 재학중인자로 에디슨 지역에 거주자)
• Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher. (성적이 2.5 이상)
• Have taken the SAT or ACT exams and/or met California State University placement standards for entry-level coursework as defined by the Early Assessment Program. (ACT나 ACT 시험 또는 가주대학 조기진학 자격자)
• Plan to be a full-time student majoring in math, physics, chemistry, engineering, materials science or computer science/information systems at a four-year college in, or adjacent to, SCE’s service territory. (에디슨 지역안에서 4년제나 그에 동등한 학교에서 수학, 물리, 화학, 엔지니어링, 재료과학, 컴퓨터/정보학과 을 전공할자)
• Be citizens or legal permanent residents of the United States. (미국 시민권자나 영주권자)
As many as 75 successful candidates each may receive up to $10,000 in scholarships awarded in $2,500 increments over four years. All applications must be postmarked by April 14. Award recipients will be announced by June.
To download an application and to learn more about the Edison Scholars program, including lists of eligible schools and colleges, go to www.sce.com/CommunityandRecreation/Education/
Dependents of Edison International employees or retirees are not eligible. The scholarships are funded by shareholders, not utility customers.
About Southern California Edison
An Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, Southern California Edison is the largest electric utility in California, serving a population of more than 13 million via 4.8 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California.